[TW; 2015] Solo Backpack Series | Part 4 - Taitung City

DAY4
Route info: Angels Fish Hostel > Taitung Forest Park > Seashore Park > Taitung Railway Art Village > Taitung Story Museum
(魚樂天使 > 森林公園 > 海濱公園 > 台東鐵道藝術村 > 台東故事館)
 1. Angels Fish Hostel > Taitung Forest Park
Woke up and saw breakfast on the kitchen table; after calling up the hostel owner to verify this scene... yes, she prepared breakfast for me! (':

After having breakfast in the hostel's kitchen, I headed to the bicycle rental shop a stone away from the hostel.
天翔自行車, 089-310139/0910-558649, blog.sina.com.tw/tiancir/
According to the hostel owner, it would be rather expensive to rent a bicycle in the park... not sure of the rental prices in the park but renting from this old shop costed me 3hours for NT$100-150. Reasonable enough for a "touristy spot".

And the Taitung Forest Park entrance is just beside the bicycle shop.
臺東森林公園, tour.taitung.gov.tw/zh-tw/Travel/Scenic/臺東森林公園
It is a really large place to cover, and from the park you can cycle all the way to the city center!

Wide roads for cyclist to cycle, no worries of bumping into someone's else bicycle

There are 3 lakes in the park, namely 琵琶湖, 活水湖 and 鴛鴦湖. And this is 鴛鴦湖; 2 lakes side by side each other!

On some random road to the right side of the park...

Cycled through the flower tunnel...

Another lake 活水湖; the waters are quite clear that I think you could even swim

Cycled up a steep slope... And SEA!

But there were too many stray dogs, so I cycled out of that place asap... and came to another lake 琵琶湖.

Next stop was the Birdwatching Hut, and I managed to see a white bird... which looks like a duck.

And I'm out of the park at the side exit! It took me less than an hour to cycle one round around the park!

2. Taitung Forest Park > Seashore Park
After the exit, I'm officially at another park called 海濱公園 Seashore Park, where you can see the famous structure 國際地標 Paposogan. It will have a prettier view at night due to the lightnings.
國際地標 海濱公園, tour.taitung.gov.tw/zh-tw/Travel/ScenicSpot/308/
Some other areas of the park

I cycled along the beaches, which is considered under the Seashore Park premises, and eventually led me out of the park to some lifeguard house, which I asked for directions to my next destination.

3. Seashore Park > Taitung Railway Art Village

台東鐵道藝術村, http://www.ttrav.org/taitungartvillage/
Previously it was a railway station for Taitung, but now it had transformed to an art village!

Candid shot taken by the self-timer, turned out to be like an OOTD photo!

Lanterns drew by visitors were hung all over the village

You have to visit it during the night to experience the live band and visit it during the weekends for the DIY market.

4. Taitung Railway Art Village > Taitung Story Museum
Across the road, it is Taitung Story Museum.

The museum is owned by eslite, thus there are plenty of books!

An exhibition called 你好,貓 (Hello, Cat), photography is not allowed so no pictures on the art exhibition. But the drawings were great!
你好,貓, https://www.facebook.com/tsaitsai2013

I asked directions from an uncle to this famous stall 老東台米台目 Rice Noodles, which was a 10mins cycle away from the museum.

Very big portion, actually I wanted to have the dry version of rice noodles but I marked soup instead. Taste wise... I don't really enjoy it, I prefer Sanshia Old Street 三峽老街's [Living in TW] Sanshia Old Street 三峽老街 alot more! Nevertheless definitely must try a bowl of rice noodles in Taitung, I saw people around me adding vinegar and/or chili, perhaps that will make this bowl of noodles much better?!

Cycled back to the bicycle shop, although I was late for 20-30mins but no extra charges. The shop owner, which is an old lady, and her friends were super friendly, chatting with me and asking me about my trip.

Went back to hostel and wrote a card for the hostel owner; I appreciate her care and concern given to me for the 20 odd hours.

<< Previous Post: [Backpack TW] Part 3 - Luye Sansiantai Fushan Shanyuan Taitung

Comments

Trending Posts