[TW; 2015] Solo Backpack Series | Part 19 - Nanliao

Route Info: Taipei > Hsinchu Train Station > Nanliao > Taipei Main Station
(
台北 > 新竹火車站 > 南寮 > 台北轉運站)

DAY15
1. Taipei > Hsinchu Train Station > Nanliao
Woke up earlier and got the news from a Singaporean guy staying in the other room that the TRA had stopped their operations because of a lighting strike which damage the railways.

So I bought my favourite sandwich series from 7-11 and boarded a bus from the bus terminal at Taipei Main Station.
豪太客運, www.howtai.com.tw, 1hr plus ride, NT$105 (student price)
From what I know of, there are 3 buses servicing Taipei-Hsinchu route: 國光客運, 新竹客運, 豪太客運. In the previous Hsinchu Post, [Living in TW] Hsinchu 新竹, I have made my comparison and my favourite choice - 豪太客運.

Upon reaching Hsinchu Train Station, I looked for the bus stop opposite 光南大批發, which is next to SOGO and infront of a NIKE outlet.

Due to the wet floor, a lady almost slipped, and I ran with all my might "save" her. Not trying to self-praise but it was so dangerous, if I did not "save" her, she would have fell flat on her face. A grandma standing nearby waiting for the bus praised me so loudly that I felt so embarrassed. HEHEHE

The Grandma was also waiting for Bus 15 so we waited together. Great to have an accompany at such a cold rainy weather. (':
新竹市區公車 15號 Hsinchu Citybus 15, http://www.hcbus.com.tw/big5/information-2.asp?select=7,  NT$15 per ride
Alighted at the second last stop and I regretted so much. The wind was super strong, 30km/h plus rain.
I can hardly walk and stayed put at the same spot for 15mins, then I decided to brave through the winds. A dog was barking at me non-stop, not sure it's intention, maybe just friendly reminder that the wind was really strong and was dangerous.

Finally I can see the Mediterranean Structures!!

But the wind is too strong for me to walk forward. PS: Hsinchu is well known as Wind City.

After some hesitation, I decided to pop in a cafe for brunch.
村落餐廳 Village Cafe, http://www.villagecafe.com.tw/
A cup of hot Matcha Green Tea that warms my heart.

And the delicious Carbonara Pasta!

The lady owner was quite cold towards me at first, but she was really curious why is there a city girl sitting at the cafe at such a bad weather. So she decided to have a conversation with me and when she knew I'm from Singapore, I saw a different side of her. She was so enthusiastic and curious of me, like why did I decided to travel alone. The more questions she asked, I actually started to know myself even better.

She was so nice to offer tea, but I kindly rejected. Then she offered me her used raincoat for me to brave the storm!

The wind and rain was slightly winy bit better. So I managed to walk over the tourist center.
But they were having renovation, which means I can't go up to the top level to take the full view.

And I'm tired of braving through the rain, I decided to take a selfie with the buildings. #sonearyetsofar

I WILL COME BACK FOR THE MEDITERRANEAN BUILDINGS!
Please google "南寮 Nanliao" to see more pretty Mediterranean photos from Nanliao

This place is so pretty and I think it is a great spot for couple/wedding shot. It is also a spot where C-dramas like to film their scenes, like 《喜歡·一個人 Pleasantly Surprised》、《再說一次我願意 I do²》. 

And the seafood market is closed on Mondays.

So I can't do anything else other than braving through the rain.

2. Nanliao > Hsinchu Train Station > Taipei Main Station
As the bus stops at Nanliao were not sheltered, so I was totally drench while waiting for the bus. The bus driver was as cold as the weather HAHAHA.

Went for some shopping around Hsinchu Train Station before hopping onto a Coach to Taipei Main Station, and I learnt my lesson to take the coach before the peak hour.

So another round of shopping at Taipei Main Station.

And settled my dinner at my favourite TKK頂呱呱 outlet at the Taipei Underground Mall, love their thick chicken meats and sweet buns!

That marks the end of the chaotic day.

>> Next Post: [Backpack TW] Part 20 - Zhu Zi Hu | Houtong

Comments

Trending Posts