[JP; 2016] Solo Series | DAY 2 - Osaka

DAY 2

Shin-Fuji Station > Shin-Osaka Station > Sakurawaga Station > Guesthouse SUN > Dotonbori Street

1. Shin-Fuji Station > Shin-Osaka Station > Sakurawaga Station > Guesthouse SUN

After the cycle around Shin-Fuji, I bought my "free" train tickets using the JR pass. As there is no direct train to Osaka Station, I was advised to travel to Shin-Osaka Station and change train to Osaka Station. A cute guy over the counter printed out an itinerary (with all the trains timings) for me. (':

My lunch of the day!

After 2 hours and 48 mins, I finally reached Shin-Osaka Station. So I wanted to buy train tickets with my JR pass to Osaka Station, the guy at the counter suggested me to take the metro instead.

After some thoughts, I realised it was more worth to take the metro, since my hostel was still a distance away from Osaka Station, and if I took the metro I can stop directly at my hostel. So it costed me 280yen to travel from Shin-Osaka Station to Sakurawaga Station.

It was really easy to get to the hostel after alighting the metro at Sakurawaga Station, just 3mins or so walk with luggage.
Guesthouse SUN, www.guesthousesun.com/index_en.html
2,800yen/night (Booked through email)


I had to make my own mattress which was kinda difficult for me cause I got the upper deck bed.

The only comforting thing was, I got the Dotonburi River view.
Review:
Staying close to the window was so noisy at night, even with the free ear plugs given out by the hostel, I could still hear the cars vroom-ing like F1. Thin walls. In the morning the sunlight was so bright that I had to cover up the window binds with towels.

Although the hostel environment was neat and tidy, with great wifi and toilet facilities. But people over there were abit cold, even the receptionist. I met uninteresting bunkmate, that complaint the tiny bed light I switched on for my own reading was affecting her sleep, little did she knew she snored throughout the whole night that made me sleepless yet I did not wake her up to tell her stop snoring. I have totally no idea how the tiny beam of light can sip through my mattress and shine onto her eyes, but hey if you have insomnia don't blame on others, this is a hostel, not a hotel.

Unhappy stay, and I am not going back there. Period.

2. Guesthouse SUN > Dotonbori Street

As I am not that familiar with the streets, my colleague who happen to transit in Japan picked me up at my hostel for dinner!

So I was craving for omelette rice, she googled and brought me to this "famous" omelette rice in near Dotonbori.
オムライスの北極星 Hokkyokusei, hokkyokusei.jp/
2 Chome-7-27 Nishishinsaibashi, Osaka
The Omelette was average... wasn't really impressive but it had a very great Japanese atmosphere despite having so much tourist inhouse.

I am more impressed with my colleague's fluent Japanese!

After that we walked to Dotonbori Street, it was so crowded and filled with tourist all over the world.

And the famous Glico guy is a must see at Dotonbori!

Lots of street-restaurant foods, and also tax-free cosmetic shops.

Around 9pm, most of the indoor street shops started closing. We saw really interesting cafe like Little Twin Star, which has really appealing food display.

Unknowingly, we walked through the Red Light district in Dotonbori. But it was an eye opener to me. I have to say it was more "friendlier" in terms that it wasn't really open, and disguised as an free information shop (they wrote 無料 on their signboard which means free). If my colleague did not explain to me what does those 無料 signboards along the street meant, I would not even know I am strolling through the red light. HAHAHA

So, we were targeted by a sales guy who thought we were Japanese and tried to sell us his "have some fun with guys" packages. So wild that their red light district even target females.

After the stroll in such an interesting street, we tried to queue for the famous cheese tarts but most of them were out of stock. So we decided to head back to our own hostel, and this marks the end of my first night at Osaka.

<< Previous Post: [Solo JP] DAY 2 - Shin-Fuji
>> Next Post: [Solo JP] DAY 3 - Osaka

Comments

Trending Posts