[JP; 2016] Solo Series | DAY 7 - Katsuta

DAY 7

Kangaroo Hotel Side B > Ueno Station 上野駅 > Katsuta Station 勝田駅 > Hitachi Seaside Park > Katsuta Station

1. Kangaroo Hotel Side B > Ueno Station 上野駅 > Katsuta Station 勝田駅

It was a rainy day, but I insisted to travel out of Tokyo, to the smaller towns!
So I took the subways to Ueno Station, and from Ueno Station I bought my JR tickets to Katsuta Station. The JR ticket was "free" as I purchased the JR Pass, and the pass was expiring on that day so... trying to use it to the max.

2. Katsuta Station 勝田駅 > Hitachi Seaside Park

Upon exiting from the station, turn right (East Gate) and head to the bus terminal. There will be signs guiding you to the correct bus stand.

So the board the Ibaraki Kotsu Bus at bus stop no. 2. But being kiasu, I asked the driver whether he was going to Hitachi Seaside Park in English and he was able to answer. So I assume all the drivers driving this bus route is well trained in English.

While waiting for the bus to depart, I saw people boarding from the back door and grabbed a small slip of paper from the machine. I asked a Japanese student using simple English, she told me to grab the paper too. Then I realised that slip of paper is to record which stop you have boarded, so that the driver can advice you how much to pay when you arrive your destination.

400yen/ride to Hitachi Seaside Park, 20mins
Bus Schedule 
Finally reached Hitachi Seaside Park West Entrance bus stop! No worries of missing out the bus stop as the bus system will announce every single stop.

The bus driver was really nice to ask me whether I have an umbrella with me, as it was raining. (':

Walked over to the entrance, there was no crowd at all. The personnel was really friendly and able to speak simple English too. She assisted me in getting the ticket, and told me where to go etc.
Hitachi Seaside Park, http://en.hitachikaihin.jp/;
410yen/entry
605-4 Onuma-aza, Mawatari, Hitachinaka, Ibaraki 312-0012, Japan
Walked over the the famous Nemophila Hill!
It wasn't as fantastic as seen the photos due to the bad weather, and it was not the peak of Nemophila season.

But still, I had fun in the rain taking photos!
Under good weather and lightings plus peak season, the Nemophila Hill should be like the photo in the Guide Map.

Walked at some random direction, there was a field of yellow flowers!

Walked on, it was some forestry look-alike area.
The forestry area was really quiet so I dare not walk further in.

How I wish the weather was good ):

3. Hitachi Seaside Park > Katsuta Station

I spent like 1-2hours alone in the park, walking like I owned the park HAHAHA hardly anyone.

Went back to the same bus stop I dropped off and realised the next bus was rather long wait.

At the bus stop I met a group of Indonesian Chinese family who wanted to enter to Hitachi Seaside Park but failed because of the heavy rain. So we waited together at the bus stop for the bus back to Katsuta Station.

So one of the guys managed to find a bus that was going to Katsuta Station (it was not the same bus company I took earlier). They confidently told me to follow them, so after 10mins or so, all of us realised the bus was driving a longer route around Katsuta.
BUT we only paid 100yen/person!!! I guess it was a feeder bus targetted for senior citizens to easy and cheaply travel around Katsuta town to run their errands. HAHAHA

So I purchased my "free" JR tickets back to Tokyo using my JR Pass again.

And bought some food before I hopped onto the train. Found this lovely "勝" (it means "win" in English) bread at the bakery within the train station. Great way to end my trip at Katsuta!

必勝 勝 勝!!!

<< Previous Post: [Solo JP] DAY 6 - Tokyo
>> Next Post: COMING SOON

Comments

Trending Posts