[KR; 2017] Solo Series | Seoul's Miscellaneous

Yes, a solo trip to Seoul this year!

This post will mainly consist of:

  1. Flight
  2. Telecom
  3. Transport
  4. Accommodation


1. FLIGHT

I could not find any good deal promotion to bring me to Korea. So the best I could find is the UOB 10% promotion on Korean Air. But it was abit restrictive, do watch out only selective flight codes are able to apply the promotion. Spent more than SGD700 just to get a 2-way flight, the most expensive item in my trip.
Note: Do check-in online! (I checked in over the counter 2 hours before the flight, and 90% of the seats were already occupied)
Korean Air do serves good meals, like every few hours it was either the mains or some small snacks (sandwiches, peanuts and even ice cream).


And caught the gorgeous sunset on the flight to Korea, it was on the left side of the plane.

2. Telecom

As I knew I won't be contacting locals during this trip, I opted to bring along my Starhub Happy Prepaid SIM Card. Activating a 1GB data plan for 7 days only costed $7!

Maybe there are Korea Telecoms offering unlimited plans and etc. But 1GB is sufficient enough for my trip, and the perks of having a Starhub SIM Card is I can still "recycle" this SIM Card for my other travels. Some time saved of purchasing a SIM Card over the counter.

3. Transport

Before the trip I have a big headache on whether to get T-Money or Cashbee. Both cards functions are so similar that my conclusion was I can grab whichever I see it first. Until I saw a forum mentioning about this Amazing Pay T-money Card. It cost 50,000won to purchase the card, with a stored value of 46,000won. The best thing was, 10% for all Airport Buses!


4. Accommodation

I stayed 6 nights with Seoul n Hotel Dongdaemun. So from Incheon Airport, I just need to hop onto the Bus 6002 and alight at the bus stop Dongmyo Station.

Checked into the hotel rather late, like 9-ish.
 Seoul n Hotel Dongdaemunhttps://www.seoulnhotel.kr/
6 nights $291.04 (average $48.50/night)
Standard Double Bed room
Decided to pamper myself abit more by booking a big bed for myself. (after working for so many months without a holiday, I guess I am not asking too much)


REVIEW
Cons:
  • Bed was comfortable, the room fits 1 person perfectly
  • Free breakfast was good
  • Staff generally friendly, especially those in the morning (no comments for the one at night)
  • Many local foods to try even late in the night
  • Supermarket & Connivence Store within 5mins walk
  • Subway station reasonably close
Pros:
  • Hidden behind the main street, unless you figure out the "shortcut" further down the supermarket, otherwise the alley was pretty dark at night
  • They do not have room cleaning service, if you need to exchange for clean towels, you have to bring the dirty ones down for a 1-for-1 exchange
  • You are not allowed to consume food in the room, light snacks are fine I guess
  • Although it name says dongdaemun, but it is 30mins super quick walk from dongdaemun market

Just a heads up, I spent estimated around $1,650 for this trip, preview of the trip video below!


Anyway, annyeonghaseyo! And I will be blogging more about my (budget) SOLO SEOUL TRIP! ☺

Comments

Trending Posts