[KR; 2017] Solo Series | Hongik University Station 홍대입구역

Hongik University Station 홍대입구역

Woke up early in the morning to visit this hype university area - Hongik University! Also know as Hongdae.

It was so quiet despite a weekend morning, I guess this place is more for night owls.

Thankfully around 10ish, some shops started opening their doors for shopping. Time to get some cheap sneakers for 10,000won!

Immediately changed into them as my shoes were giving up.

Decided to hunt for some good food in Hongdae, and passed by this pretty park with 2 stretches of good looking cafes. This place is near Exit 3 of the subway station.

I continued walking on for another couple of minutes, finally found what I was looking for. The famous 감나무집 기사식당 (aka Infinity Challenge Driver's Restuarant 無限挑戰司機食堂)! It was first featured in Infinity Challenge ep320 - Mudo Taxi episode. It was previously at the redish-brown building shown in the picture at the right, but I guess after being featured in the variety show, they got even more popular and got themselves a new & bigger modern store.

This restaurant was initially popular only among the taxi drivers, but because of that Mudo Taxi episode, now not only locals but also some foreigners were in the queue.
감나무집 기사식당 (Infinity Challenge Driver's Restaurant 無限挑戰司機食堂)
Opens 24 hours; 515-19 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Here is the full video clip that featured this restaurant during the variety show. I watched this in 2013 and it hunted me everytime; I told myself I must try if I get a chance to go korea!


Click on the photo to zoom on it's menu!

I came in before the lunch crowd, so I did not wait too long for my food!

And the restaurant was proudly playing their feature on Infinity Challenge on loop.

Time for my brunch! I ordered the BBQ pork and it was fantastic, the pork has a light tint of BBQ taste, plus the meat was really tender. I never had such a nice BBQ pork in my whole life! (I'm not exaggerating, if I was staying in Hongdae in my trip I would have return again for one plate!)

Eat like a local; adding in rice into the pork wrap! Super yummy!

If you are visiting Hongdae in your korea trip, why not put this restaurant into your must eat list! No regrets for me, I will be back again for this good comfort food!

Comments

Trending Posts