[JP; 2016] Solo Series | DAY 4 - Osaka

DAY 4

Guesthouse SUN > Kuromon Ichiba Market 黒門市場

1.  Guesthouse SUN > Kuromon Ichiba Market 黒門市場

Woke up earlier so that I can visit Kuromon Ichiba Market before leaving Osaka! Walked over from Guesthouse SUN which was around 20mins away.
Kuromon Ichiba Market 黒門市場, www.kuromon.com/en.php
Nearest Station: Kintetsu Nippombashi
It was rather early, around 8.30am, and all the stalls were not ready.

So I roamed over up and down the street several times and ended up spending most of my time in the supermarket located in the middle of the market. The supermarket sold quite a handful of dried seafood which were nicely packaged. Without hesitation, I bought a few packets to share it with my family.
Pretty strawberries on sales outside the supermarket, I hearsay that the best strawberries over there were the pale looking "white" ones. Too bad I still have a long journey in Japan, unable to lug it back to Singapore.

Finally I saw a food stall semi-ready, the owner told me to come back in another 5mins time!

After 5mins, I got to try Japanese version Oden! It was rather awesome although it wasn't really cheap; each pieced costed me 100yen.

When I was about to leave the market, I saw another food which was on my Japan must try list - CROQUETTE aka Korokke! It was just a small stall owned by the butcher stall (which the internet says butcher stall is the best place in Japan to try a piece of croquette)!

Tasted pretty decent when it was pipping hot! I have to declare this is the best croquette I never had. Butcher stall and croquette does not go wrong.

After such a great morning at Kuromon Market, I'm ready to travel to Kyoto for more Japan adventures! (:

<< Previous Post: [Solo JP] DAY 3 - Osaka

Comments

Trending Posts