[JP; 2016] Solo Series | DAY 5 - Kyoto

DAY 5

Kyoto Station > Yasaka Dori 八坂通 > Sannenzaka 三年> Kiyomizudera 清水寺 > Ninenzaka 二年坂 > Yasaka Shrine 八坂神社 > Hanamikoji Dori 花見小路
After my Osaka city touristy one day tour, here is my Kyoto city's 2 hours touristy tour. And I cover all these famous sites by foot! Amazing-jiang hah

Again, kudos to those Taiwanese bloggers who gave travelers like me, so much inspirations how to navigate in Kyoto City without much trouble.

1. Kyoto Station > Yasaka Dori 八坂通

According to all bloggers' sources, they recommend to start the Kyoto City tour from Yasaka Dori 八坂通.

So from Kyoto Station, I took Bus 100, and alighted at Kiyomizu-michi 清水道 stop.
Bus 100, https://www2.city.kyoto.lg.jp/koho/eng/access/img/pdf/ENG150321(map)0309.pdf
230yen 
Upon alighting, I walked down the slope and got abit lost thanks to googlemap. Felt something wasnt right and realised that googlemap did not show me an accurate gps location. I walked back to the bus stop and realised the Yasaka Dori road sign was a stone away from the bus stop. sighs

Turned into the small road and wow... this is really Japan. Traditional houses, stone pathway and Yasaka no To Pagoda 八坂塔 at the background. (no wonder the bloggers recommend to start the tour from Yasaka Dori) So impressive view and it wasn't as crowded as I thought so.

Beside the pagoda, there is a small shrine Yasakakoshindo 八坂庚申堂, where they worship the Monkey God.

2. Yasaka Dori 八坂通 > Sannenzaka 三年

Randomly found a board and I realised I am going to cover a very big area...

Trusting googlemap directions, I came to Sannenzaka 三年坂. It was slightly more crowded compared to Yasaka Dori.

According to some legends, please refrain yourself from falling down at Sannenzaka. It was rumored that the fall will bring you bad luck.

3. Sannenzaka 三年坂 > Kiyomizudera 清水寺

After Sannenzaka, the famous heritage site Kiyomizudera 清水寺 is just a stone throw away.
But it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crowded.

People from all over the world, everyone speaking in different language. It was rather scary. Perished all the pretty impressions I had earlier on.

Anyway I did not bought the entrance ticket to Kiyomizudera. Not about the price but the crowd. Too much people to handle, I dont think I can make it alone. (maybe I will come again when I am not traveling alone)

Found some pretty Japanese structures at the side of Kiyomizudera. Had some rest and breather from the big crowd mess.

4. Kiyomizudera 清水寺 > Ninenzaka 二年坂

So walked out of Kiyomizudera, I turned into Ninenzaka 二年坂. Lots of shops for window shopping.

And also kawaii cartoon characters - TOTORO!

Along the street, there are such interesting statues with instructions what to do to bring you luck and etc.

5. Ninenzaka 二年坂 > Yasaka Shrine 八坂神社 > Hanamikoji Dori 花見小路

So unknowingly, I reached Yasaka Shrine 八坂神社, very spacious shrine with really interesting building structure.

At the main entrance of the shrine, you can see such an amazing view of Kyoto. it is really time for me to invest in a good camera to take better photos

So I exited from the main entrance, crossed the street to the Lawson, and Hanamikoji Dori 花見小路 is just around the corner.
I was following the China tour group, hoping to fish some history about this place, but the tour guide just announced to the group it is free & easy over at Hanamikoji Dori. HAHA I failed.

Anyway I remembered it is a place with lots of food, which I cant be bothered to explore much. Tired from all the walking and crowd that I really have to declare I can't travel go for too touristy places.

<< Previous Post: [Solo JP] DAY 5 - Fushimi-ku
>> Next Post: [Solo JP] DAY 6 - Kyoto

Comments

Trending Posts