[JP; 2016] Solo Series | DAY 7 - Tokyo

DAY 7

Katsuta Station > Tokyo Station > Tokyo Character Street > Omotesando 表参道 > Harajuku 原宿

1. Katsuta Station > Tokyo Station > Tokyo Character Street

If you did read my previous post on Toranomon Hills 虎ノ門ヒルズ. I have a sister who loves Doraemon with her heart and soul. Since Doraemon is born in Japan, I assumed I can buy a luggage full of Doraemon for her. Googled on the train back, and there was a Tokyo Character Street at Tokyo Station.

Upon alighting the train, I looked out for this exit - Yaesu Underground Central Exit 八重洲底下中央口.

Upon exit, looked out for the signboard arrows.

TADA! Character Street! With 20 over cartoon characters stores.

Kawaii~ So instead of looking out of Doraemon for my sister, I was already in my own world. Burned a tiny hole in my pocket at this Rilakkuma Store.

Doraemon figurines cakes; which my sister can't bare to eat them up!

Of course, not forgetting Pokemon Store!

2. Tokyo Character Street > Omotesando 表参道

As Tokyo Character Street could not satisfy my sister's Doraemon craze. I headed over to another popular character store - Kiddy Land at Omotesando 表参道.
Kiddy Land, https://www.kiddyland.co.jp;
6-1-9 Jingu-mae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001;
Nearest Station: Meiji-jingumae Station / Omote-sando Station
There are plenty of levels to explore!

But just a small section for Doraemon.
Nevertheless, still burned a big hole in my pocket.


3. Omotesando 表参道 > Harajuku 原宿

So I asked the cashier at Kiddy Land on where can I purchase more Doraemon merchandise, she told me to head over to Harajuku to another shop. She was so nice to write the address for me, and showed me the map. HAHAHAHA I look like a Doraemon hunter that evening. A bag full of blue creatures.

I walked over to Harajuku, and happen to see a LINE Store!
LINE FRIENDS STORE, fs.line.me/en/harajuku/;
Jingumae 432 Bldg, Shibuya 150-0001, Tokyo Prefecture;
Nearest Station: Meiji-jingumae Station
The LINE Store lightings were so pretty at night!

The LINE figurines are so kawaii~
I controlled myself well enough, and did not to any damage to my pocket. But BROWN is really kawaii.

Walked further down... and saw F21 and H&M just right beside each other. Another round of clothes shopping.

So trying my best to navigate myself to the store recommended by Kiddy Land Staff, I came to Harajuku Street

And yes, this is the store!
The World Connection;
Japan, Tokyo, Shibuya, Jingumae, 1 Chome−68, 1F・B1F
They have a wide range of cartoon characters merchandise, but still can't beat Kiddy Land range. If you visit them at certain hours during weekdays, they actually gives out discount!

After being satisfied with my loots, I started roaming around for food.

What caught my attention, was this famous Ramen store!
Ichiran 一蘭, www.ichiran.co.jp/tenpo/kt_harajuku.html
6-5-6 , 2F 6 Chome-5-6 Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo
Nearest Station: Meiji-jingumae Station
You have to order your ramen using the vending machine outside the shop.

So I was the fun thing was, everyone is allocated to a solo seat, with partitions at both sides. To protect your privacy, they serve food behind a bind infront of you.

I got my eggs and ramen without knowing who was serving me.

If you're feeling hungry after the bowl of ramen, they have topping services.

The great part of that night was, there was a US traveller sitting right beside me. And her phone was running low, but the restaurant does not have a charger for her. Without much hesitation, I lent her my portable charger despite my phone running low too. So we ate and had small chats with the partition between us, rather hilarious scene. Although I did not manage to exchange names with her, but I hope she did manage to catch her transit plane and have a safe trip back to US that night.

Who knows, maybe one day we will coincidental meet each other in another part of the world with our phones running low again. (;

<< Previous Post: [Solo JP] DAY 7 - Katsuta

Comments

Trending Posts