[JP; 2016] Solo Series | DAY 8 - Tokyo

DAY 8

Kangaroo Side B Hostel > Meiji Shrine 明治神宮 > Sunshine City > Kabukicho 歌舞伎町 > Tokyo Daijingu 東京大神宮Akihabara 秋葉原 > Kangaroo Side B Hostel

1. Kangaroo Side B Hostel > Meiji Shrine 明治神宮

As the previous night I ended my journey near Meiji Shrine, so I decided to continue my journey from there.

So took the subway, and visited the Meiji Shrine 明治神宮. The weather was so prefect that day.

There was this very big stretch of lanterns on the way into the shrine which made a very nice backdrop for photos.

It was a very long stretch of road into the shrine, and I regretted not having my breakfast. I took around 15mins to walk in.

As usual, you have to cleanse your hands before entering the shrine.

Awesome blue sky!
Meiji Shrine 明治神宮, www.meijijingu.or.jp/english/;
1-1 Yoyogikamizonocho, Shibuya, Tokyo
Nearest Station: Sangubashi Station / Yoyogi Station / Kitasando Station / Harajuku Station / Meiji Jingu Mae ’Harajuku’ Station


You will find a house at the side of the shrine selling amulets. I was stopped by the shop keepers for taking a close shot of the amulets. ):
If you only have time for 1 shrine to visit in Tokyo, I will recommend this shrine. Despite having lots of tourists/locals, the shrine was still so peaceful, and the brisk walk to the shrine was very refreshing.

2. Meiji Shrine 明治神宮 > Sunshine City

Was really hungry, decided to head to Sunshine City for lunch!

As I took the subway to Ikebukuro Station, I had to walk a stretch of shops before reaching the Sunshine City; and it is called the Sunshine Street!

TADA, Sunshine City. And this photo almost worth my 72-hours subway ticket. Because it dropped out from my pocket when I pulled out my phone. Thankfully a Japanese lady picked it up and ran a distance to pass it to me. (':
Sunshine City, www.sunshinecity.co.jp/english/;
Nearest Station: Higashi-Ikebukuro Station / Ikebukuro Station / Higashi-Ikebukuro 4-Chome Station

Strolled within the big shopping while looking out for potential lunch store. But all the cartoon characters started appearing infront of me. First was a Doraemon's themed kindergarden.

Next was a huge Pokemon Store again.

Then I finally made up my mind to have udon for lunch. Greedy me, ended up ordering udon and don for lunch.
Kineya Udon 杵屋;
3F Sunshine City Alpa 
I was like super full after lunch, and I remember it wasn't expensive at all. Did some shopping and there was a meet-and-greet session with some American-Japanese dude; which I can't recall his name. The security was like so tight, they have staff strolling the area, making sure nobody secretly taking photos of the singer. He wasn't my likings, so move on.


3. Sunshine City > Kabukicho 歌舞伎町

Decided to head to the busy Kabukicho to purchase some tax-free electronics! Then I realised, Kabukicho is the famous red-light district in Tokyo. But I visited before sunset, so it wasn't that "red light" yet.

The main streets were still alright, but if you roam into the narrower roads, males were lingering around the area.

Of course, 無料案內所 (aka Free Information Shop) was almost everywhere; "Red Lights" shop in disguised, not a real information shop for directions etc!

4. Kabukicho 歌舞伎町 > Tokyo Daijingu 東京大神宮

I thought it will be so boring to end my day in another busy district. So I googled for this famous shrine for Singles - Tokyo Daijingu 東京大神宮.

Took the subway to Lidabashi Station and followed the signs to the shrine.

It was already evening, but there were still many visitors. Many of them were in office attire; I guess I was the only foreigner in the shrine that evening.
Tokyo Daijingu 東京大神宮, http://www.tokyodaijingu.or.jp/english/index_e.html;
2-4-1, Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0071 Japan;
Nearest Station: Lidabashi Station
I followed suit whatever the Japanese infront of me did. I really hope the Japanese's God of Marriage and Love understands Chinese; I should have kiasu abit and pray in English too. Aiya.

So every shrine has this amulet shop, but it already closed for the day. Maybe they should make it like vending machine, so that people who come late can still purchase one.

Some "activities" in the shrine.

5. Tokyo Daijingu 東京大神宮 > Akihabara 秋葉原

Akihabara 秋葉原 is famous for electronic games and etc!

Yodobashi-Akiba building was really prominent near to the subway station.
ヨドバシAkiba【Yodobashi-Akiba】, www.yodobashi-akiba.com;
Nearest Station: Akihabara Station
Gashapon (capsule toy vending machines) were scattered everywhere in the building. I only tried one, and it costed me 300yen.

Walked onto the streets of Akihabara, so many gadgets shops and not forgetting cosplay. Maid cafes were like everywhere. I took a video of the whole stretch of (looking underaged) girls, wearing maid uniforms, standing on the streets targeting males to patron their cafe. But to protect their privacy, better not to make it public. Witness the scene yourself at Akihabara.

Went one around Akihabara and found this famous Japanese girl group's cafe - AKB48 cafe. The exterior lightings were rather pretty. But wasn't really interested in it since it was a "maid cafe". If you are a fan of AKB48, I guess this place if for you.

Eye opener day, I would say. HAHAHA

6. Akihabara 秋葉原 > Kangaroo Side B Hostel

Feeling rather full from the heavy lunch, I decided to head to the supermarket near the hostel to grab some cheap and light food for dinner.

The moon was full, and Tokyo SkyTree was in the background. (&that's how quiet the streets back to hostel)

My dinner for my last night! The supermarket were clearing food during that time, so 3 small snacks + 1 can of beer; which costed around 700-800yen!

3 nights in Tokyo, and 3 cans of beer. Kirin Bitters was really strong - 8% alcohol; I was teeny-weeny tipsy after the whole can. Great that I had a room for myself. And I really loved Suntory's beer; more suitable for some small drinking at night.

And that's all for my last full day in Japan! (;

<< Previous Post[Solo JP] DAY 7 - Tokyo
>> Next Post: [Solo JP] DAY 9 - Tokyo

Comments

Trending Posts