[JP; 2016] Solo Series | DAY 9 - Tokyo

DAY 9

Kangaroo Side B Hostel > Sensō-ji 淺草寺 > Ameyoko アメ横 > Kangaroo Side B Hostel > Ueno Station > Narita International Airport 成田國際機

1. Kangaroo Side B Hostel > Sensō-ji 淺草寺

Woke up early, and parked my luggage at the reception counter, then ran out and took the subway to Sensō-ji 淺草寺.
Sensō-ji 淺草寺, http://www.senso-ji.jp/;
Nearest Station
: Asakusa StationIt was pretty crowded that day; tourists plus students. Lots of things to see and shop, not as bad as compared to Kyoto's Kiyomizudera 清水寺 ([Solo JP] DAY 5 - Kyoto)

After walking through the streets around the temple... time to explore the temple. Another prefect weather for photos; no filter at all! I really love the Japan's sky blue!

TIP: Japanese throw a 5yen coin when they pray in Japan's temple/shrine. 5yen sounds similar to lucky in Japanese, thus it believed that it will help you establish a connection with the deities; fate.

But I do not have any 5yen coin with me when I knew about this. I hope my sincerely will still reach them.

Since it was my last day in Japan, I decided to try drawing lots; which I have been seeing it every temple/shrine I went to! It is 100yen for a lot; please don't drop 100yen and draw many lots! I believe your tiny contribution will help them to maintain the temple.
If you received a Good Fortune lot, bring it home; and if you received a Bad Fortune lot, tie it on the designated areas at the temple. Simple instruction so... I asked something not that complicated.. just my life fortune.


And TADA! I got 大吉 aka The Best Fortune! (omg omg omg, trying to staying humble at that moment)
I loved everything written on the fortune paper; and there is a line "it is good to make a travel"! Hee Hee, more reasons to travel now!

So, I continued on exploring the streets around the temple.

Spotted some small snacks which I can have a small bite.
Fish like pancake, Taiyaki! I bought the red bean flavour for 154yen! Quite nice!

So SkyTree is just a stone away from Sensō-ji 淺草寺, but time was abit pressing. No SkyTree for this trip, maybe in the future if there is a chance.

2. Sensō-ji 淺草寺 > Ameyoko アメ横 

Took the subway to Ueno Station, firstly to survey the area as I will be taking the Airport Kaisei SkyLiner from Ueno Station, and secondly to check out the Ameyoko アメ横 shopping area which seems to have really good review online.
And yes, the shopping area was really interesting. If I have to bring my parents over to Japan, I will definitely bring them here. So much food, shoes, clothes etc to shop. And the price was a bargain. I was too engross shopping for my Vans shoe that this is the only photo I took over there.


3. Ameyoko アメ横 > Kangaroo Side B Hostel > Ueno Station > Narita International Airport 成田國際機

So headed back to the hostel to collect my luggage, and lugged them back to Ueno Station. Had some difficulty with the directions to Keisei Skyliner, despite I did a site visit earlier. My tip, stay underground after alighting from the subway. There is this underground pass near some subway exit that will bring you to Keisei Skyliner. If you try to head to Keisei Skyliner on the ground level after exiting the subway, good luck I would say; nearly impossible during my try.

Because of the small miss in directions, I was running abit late, and I met the first rude Japanese that cut my queue for the Keisei Skyliner tickets!!! Seriously hello, I am also rushing for time ):<

Keisei Skyliner & Tokyo Subway Ticket, http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/value_ticket/subway.php;
One way Keisei Skyliner and 72 hours Tokyo Subway;
3,500yen, 41 mins between Narita Airport and Ueno Station 
Checkin, and bought a few boxes of Tokyo Banana and Strawberry from the Airport.

Finally, meal of the day settled on the plane. (usually I do not have much appetite before I board the plane, which reason out why I did not have lunch)
United Airlines, https://www.united.com/ual/en/sg/;
Singapore-Tokyo (Return Trip);
$434 inclusive taxes 
Would love to travel to Japan again if the plane tickets are so affordable; pretty please United Airlines to have another Japan promo. I've actually planned to go Taiwan but this Japan deal was too good to give Taiwan a miss (;

& really thankful to those Japanese strangers that helped me here and there; I have decided the next language to pick up will be Japanese, so I can communicate better in my next trip to Japan!

ありがとうございます Arigatou Gozaimasu!

<< Previous Post[Solo JP] DAY 8 - Tokyo

Comments

Trending Posts